Saturday, February 20, 2010

Some Actual Work

By all rights, I should have been doing my income taxes today. A lot will depend on the AGI it throws up. But TaxAct.com is taking forever to send me the user ID I can't remember, so I'll deal with that when it comes.

So instead I actually got something done on the house.

Late this morning, I gave another crack in my Study ceiling the Big Wally's treatment. Funny, but it wasn't as bad as I'd thought. Only one or two places were even sagging at all.

Oh, well. I'll rake out the crack and fill it and the drill holes with joint compound that it should be fine.

Another plasterer came around about 11:30 to give me a secod bid on my plastwork. Guy wants $50 than the other plasterer I spoke to in late January, but he wants to use 1/4" sheetrock with finish plaster over. And he doesn't think the loose crumbly plaster in the flat part of the ceiling really needs to be cleaned out. Hmm. Not so sure about that. I may go with the other guy regardless.

Then this afternoon I started painting the 2nd floor hall closet. I hadn't planned to do it, but once it was cleaned out so I could strip the floor, I realized it couldn't stay as it was. Beige walls, beige ceiling, beige trim, beige everything. Very dark, very dull, very drear.







Here's how it looks now:

Whaaaa??? What was that about the beige paint being dark?

Patience, patience, mes amis. My idea is to use white glaze over that dark green base and end up with a soft green that will coordinate with the green-rose-light peach color of the hall.

Well, that was the idea. But down the basement I found that the can of white glaze is very small and I'd rather save it for touch ups in the kitchen. Well, all right. The little jars of sample paint make excellent glaze colorant . . . yep, here they are in the paint cupboard. I think I'll do a pale green first and then a cream color over that. That'll be even better than flat white. But . . . where did I put that other gallon of glaze solution? I know I had it!

Never mind. I'll look for it tomorrow. Barring unforeseen accidents, I still have tomorrow.

No comments: