Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Little More, Maybe?

I was hoping to make a post declaring that the faux finish portion of my little hall closet painting project was done.

But after applying the second coat of pale green glaze (tinted with Behr's "Relaxing Green") and letting it dry and hour or two, I think there's an uneveness about it that isn't random enough. The finished effect should be rather like marble, and you don't really get that when the glaze has gone on heavier, say, just below the wood rail.

So I'll look at it again in the daylight. If I'm not satisfied with it then, I'll dab some more glaze on here and there to create the look I want.

Yeah, I know, it's a hall closet. It'll be full of table pads and vacuum cleaners and spare boxes of Kleenex. I don't care. The color seems to be working well with the hallway finish and I want it done right.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

My dad always said, "Do it right or not at all." :)