Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Notes

One of the happiest things about the past few days of snow, snow, and more snow occurred when the neighbor across the street borrowed a snowblower from the neighbor on the corner and plowed the whole length of the front sidewalk. Making two or three passes. On both sides of the block.

That was Saturday. This called for a demonstration of gratitude, so Sunday I made house cookies for him and his numerous family and took them over yesterday evening.




Last night and today, it snowed again. By the time I got up (which wasn't early, school being cancelled again), not only were both sidewalks snowblown, but also all the walkways up to people's houses.

Boy. My great-grandmother's sugar cookie recipe must be even better than I imagined!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Hooray! Your neighbor is good people.

Sandy said...

First: "Boy, I'm glad I don't have to keep track of all that!" -- You and me both!

I'm betting those cookies are fabulous! I could almost smell them. What a great neighbor you have!