Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Boring Accounting Post, with Historical Diversion

Yeah, I know it's boring for me to post on where I'm up to in the woodwork stripping department. But I can't get the project tracker widget to work on my blog, and if I make notes I'll just mislay them.








So okay, as of this evening, I'm up to 71 pieces stripped, out of 336. 21%. Five pieces of window trim done today. Whoopee, break out the brass band.

(I'm tired.)

While I was at it, I noticed something interesting. Get a load of the bright turquoise blue paint on this trim. I thought at first the woodwork had been painted that color-- gack. But no, it was just on the edges. Someplace along the line, somebody painted the walls of the two-storey stair hall aquamarine.

Now, I've known houses with teal dining rooms and dens, and it can be very intimate and effective. But lordamercy! that color in that space? More than a bit much.

And who in tarnation did that sloppy paint job? And how long did they live with it?

Gack.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I agree.... gack!

Anonymous said...

I stripped some more of that window trim today and yes, the blue paint was all the way around it. (I was hoping maybe it was only partway up the wall, like a wainscot.) Gack again!

Just A Girl And Her Craftsman Bungalow said...

I am wondering if this was the color that was hot back then-- because I have a similar color that I've uncovered on my built in. I will post photos of it very soon.

My Father told me that I could work on my house day and night and still not make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I didn't understand what he meant because I was so optimistic. However a year later, I kind of get it now. My little "piggy" is one needy little thing and she will never be the belle of the ball. :)