Monday, June 16, 2008

Find

Couple of weeks ago was the annual book sale at the local library.

Look what I picked up from the Free boxes!

Copyright 1929, original price, ten cents.

I have no idea what I'll use it for. But it's got great 3-D illustrations of overall framing systems and close-up details. I have to half wonder what, if any of it, is not up to present Code. But it's just as likely, a house framed as described in this booklet would today be considered overbuilt.

. . . Oh, hey, it's got a detail on laying a ceramic tile floor flush with your main floor by dropping the subfloor on ledgers between your floor joists. Hmm, very interesting . . .

1 comment:

Jayne said...

I love old books, too. Never found anything that good on the free table at our library--people here seem to read a lot of Harlequin romances!